Library Community Room Use Policy
The Community room and kitchen is used for programs sponsored by the library, Library Board of Trustees, Friends of the Library, and other library and City-related organizations. The meeting room is intended to further the library's goals and mission. Public meeting room use does not constitute library endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space. When library activities are not occupying the rooms, other groups may use the rooms for lawful, non-commercial purposes.
The Director (or designee) is responsible for the administration of this policy, for establishing administrative procedures for its implementation, and for making it available to the public.
Download the Reservation Form (PDF)
This form can be saved on your computer, completed and then emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can also be completed, printed and turned in at the library's main desk.
- Groups wishing to use the meeting room must complete and have an approved Community Room Use agreement form.
- Reservations are first come, first served basis and city/library use takes precedence.
- Requests for the room may be made no more than 3 months in advance.
- The library reserves the right, with 24-hour notice, to cancel permission to use a meeting room and /or to substitute facilities.
- The library does not assume liability for injury or damage to personal property, which occurs as a result of the actions of the sponsors or participants in meetings scheduled at the library.
- Meetings must be open to the public. Meetings will not be publicized in a manner that suggests library sponsorship or affiliation.
- Meeting rooms are available to the public before and after library operation hours. Groups serving refreshments and/or using kitchen facilities will be charged a fee.
- The library assesses fees for food use and use of library equipment. See fee schedule.
- Chairs and tables will be provided, but must be set up by each group.
- Users are responsible for returning furniture as the diagram indicates on the interior closet door.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, and for any damage or janitorial service needs resulting from their use.
- Lights and equipment are to be turned off and theft alarm set.
- Smoking, drugs, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Users of any of the meeting rooms are required to comply with the Library Rules of Conduct
Rules of Conduct
- Each group shall designate an adult (age 18+) who will be responsible for the behavior of participants.
- Normal operation of the library is not to be disrupted by users of the meeting rooms.
- Materials are not to be attached to walls, windows, doors, or furnishings except at the direction of authorized staff.
- City of Kings Mountain Fire Department posted occupancy limits will be observed at all times.